Thursday, April 2, 2009

driving list

My favorite things to do while driving:

1. Sing to myself, sans radio. Mostly opera. And the national anthem.
2. Go through the carwash!
3. Put on my ipod, both ears, since I like to live dangerously, and jam out to bad pop songs.
4. Collect things to talk about and to make me sound smart from NPR news.
5. Try to find a street in Lawrence I've never seen before.
6. This sounds really creepy, I realize, but go through residential neighborhoods at night and peek in the windows at the colors of their walls.
7. Along the same lines, drive through residential neighborhoods during the day and look at their front porches and sidewalks.
8. Head into the country and take a dirt road for as far as I dare, then turn right or left and take another dirt road for as far as I dare. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Then try to find my way home.
9. Take pictures of the cars next to me with my cell phone camera.
10. Smoke a cigarette, but only in November at night with the windows rolled down. (Go ahead and roll your eyes, I know, I know...)
11. Drive too fast through deep puddles and splash everything everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. this makes you sound like a super creep. namely 1, 6, 7, and 9. The national anthem, really?

    ReplyDelete